About the course
The aim of this Global Wind Organisation (GWO) module is to qualify the participants, through theoretical and practical training, to use basic personal protective equipment and perform safe work at heights and safe and comprehensive basic rescue from heights. Furthermore, to encourage positive manual handling and ergonomic behaviour, encourage participants to consider alternatives to manual handling through planning and to train participants’ ability to perform Manual Handling tasks in a safe manner in the wind turbine industry/environment.
What you will learn
The objectives of the Working at Height & Manual Handling Modules are:
- The participants are able to demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at heights, specific to a WTG
- The participants are able to demonstrate understanding of current national legislation regarding working at heights.
- The participants are able to demonstrate correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g. harness, hard hat, lanyards, etc.
- The participants are able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to correctly perform pre-use inspection, service, store and correctly fit relevant PPE, e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arrest lanyards and work positioning lanyards.
- The Participants are able to demonstrate a problem-solving approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment
- The Participants are able to demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques
- The Participants are able to identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase their risk of developing muscular/ skeletal injuries
- The Participants are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic work location
Who Is This Course For?
Individuals who will be working in the wind industry or related fields and will have their duties in a wind turbine environment, usually in physical contact with a wind turbine or an offshore wind structure.
Train With The Experts
Seascope has specialised in offshore training for over 15-years. Candidates enjoy receiving tuition from our expert tutors who have a combined offshore safety experience of over 100 years!
Our purpose built training facility is well equipped with the latest technology ensuring candidates enjoy a memorable and real life training experience.
The certification and qualifications candidates receive on this course are:
- GWO BST Working at Height
- GWO BST Manual Handling Standard
GWO Certification for this module is valid for 2-years.
- Candidates must be aged 18+
- WINDA ID required
If you would like to make a booking or require some FREE career or training advice from our experts please feel free to call or email us anytime
Call Now 0151 709 3290
Email- [email protected]