About the course
The aims of this Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Sea Survival course are, by theoretical and practical training to give the participants the ability to act safely and take the correct preventive actions in all aspects of offshore operations from shore to installation vessel or WTG and vice versa, both during normal operation and in an emergency in an offshore wind energy environment.
Sea Survival Training conducted in our indoor heated swimming pool!
What you will learn
This BST Sea Survival Module shall ensure that:
- The participants are aware of a site’s organisational structure and relevant local legislation to ensure they are aware of the roles, responsibilities and rules in place at offshore wind farms.
- The participants understand the importance of correct clothing and conduct in an offshore wind farm environment, including detecting and treating stages of cold shock and hypothermia related to exposures to the human body in an offshore wind environment.
- The participants can recognise the advantages and limitations of personal LSA and PPE and usage in a correct and safe manner. The participants can understand the principles of GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress and Safety Systems) and SAR (Search and Rescue).
- The participants can take responsibility individually and collectively to enhance the chance of survival in an emergency at sea.
- The participants can recognise the hazards and risks of transfer and take the correct preventive measures into account by following procedures and use the available LSA and PPE in a correct and safe manner.
- The participants can ensure safe and responsible conduct on installations, vessels and WTGs during normal operations and in case of emergencies and evacuation. The Participants can conduct safe transfer of themselves and equipment between dock and vessel and WTG and vessel. Furthermore, the participants can assist vessel crew in man overboard situations.
- The participants can reflect on and process their learning outcome and key takeaways from the module, aiming to achieve a high learning transfer from the module to their way of work.
Who Is This Course For?
Individuals who will be working in the wind industry or related fields and will have their duties in a wind turbine environment, usually in physical contact with a wind turbine or an offshore wind structure.
Train With The Experts
Seascope has specialised in offshore training for over 15-years. Candidates enjoy receiving tuition from our expert tutors who have a combined offshore safety experience of over 100 years!
Our purpose built training facility is well equipped with the latest technology ensuring candidates enjoy a memorable and real life training experience.
The certification and qualifications candidates receive on this course are:
GWO Certification for this module is valid for 2-years.
- Candidates must be aged 18+
- WINDA ID required
- Work boots required
If you would like to make a booking or require some FREE career or training advice from our experts please feel free to call or email us anytime
Call Now 0151 709 3290
Email- [email protected]