STCW Basic Safety Training
STCW BASIC SAFETY TRAINING in Antibes
Seascope are delighted to offer 1 week package for STCW Basic Safety Training in Antibes.
The course comprises of five modules and provides students with an invaluable introduction and knowledge for a career at sea. Although it is a legal requirement for working on board commercial vessels over 24meters, it is strongly recommended to be taken by all seafarers.
Our STCW (Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping) courses are run in accordance with section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code, to include the Manila amendments introduced in 2010. The following modules are covered:
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibility An understanding of on board working conditions, safety procedures and accident prevention
- Personal Survival Techniques Survival at sea in event of emergency, life-raft familiarisation
- Elementary First Aid Basic First Aid Training & Resuscitation
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting Fire causes, prevention, extinguishing techniques
- Proficiency in Security Awareness Importance of on board security and how to recognise and react in the event of security threats
Our school opened in May 2016 in France the heart of the old town of Antibes. The school is perfectly located for your training, networking and for your job search. On the surrounding streets there are an abundance of recruitment agencies, making it the perfect place to take your training.
Just in case you are wondering the course is taught in English by our highly experienced and qualified staff.
The fire-ground is situated in Contes at a real Fire Station, which is just 17km north of Nice, transport is provided to and from Antibes on the day.
If you are looking for dates for January to March 2017 please email our office in Antibes providing your preferred dates and they will do their best to accommodate you.
Please e-mail our Antibes team for further information on this course or any other courses that we run. Our dedicated team of friendly advisors will be more than happy to assist you.
Email: [email protected]